Suitable for Snorkelers and certified divers
This course is designed to introduce divers to the whale shark species and help the student diver develop an understanding and knowledge of whale shark biology and behaviour as well as learn techniques for diving with whale sharks.
The course also includes a conservation section which focuses on the threats facing whale sharks and their conservation status.
THE PROGRAMME EMPLOYS THE FOLLOWING
Academic and practical application will enable you will be able to:
Estimate size and sex of whale sharks!
Recognize whale shark external anatomical features!
Recognize whale shark behaviour in open water!
1. To be a minimum of 12 years old.
2. Certified RAID Open Water 20 or accomplished snorkeler
3. Complete the RAID registration procedures.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
1. RAID On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills as detailed.
2. Minimum of two open water training dives required.
1. All open water skills have been acknowledged and accepted on-line through the RAID web site by both yourself and your instructor.
2. The RAID Dive Centre has confirmed certification on-line through the RAID web site.
If you are already registered go to RAID ONLINE STORE in your login to Sign up for a course now.
The above is subject to the RAID General Diving Standards and change without notice.