This Specialty is designed to extend your knowledge and skills to allow you to dive to deeper depths safely. It develops the knowledge required to plan, prepare and analyse for your dive to reduce stress and confusion, allowing you to enhance your diving experience.
This specialty can be run for any certified diver who has the equivalent of a RAID Explorer 30 diver.
THE PROGRAMME EMPLOYS THE FOLLOWING
1. The history of deep diving.
2. Reasons for deep diving
3. Your personal equipment
4. Specialised equipment for deep diving
5. Physics for deep diving
6. Physiology for deep diving
7. Managing planning procedures for deep diving
8. What you can do to further your knowledge and skill
Be 15 years of age or older.
Have a minimum of 8 hours logged underwater in an Open Water environment.
Hold a RAID Explorer 30 Specialty or higher, or an equivalent certification from a recognized training agency.
Be certified as a RAID Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
1. RAID On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills as detailed.
2. Minimum of 2 hours logged underwater and four(4) open water training dives required.
Certification entitles the holder to dive in similar or better conditions without professional supervision to a maximum depth of 40m / 130 feet.
The certification is divided into:
Deep 40 Nitrox / air: use Nitrox up to maximum PO2 of 1.4
Deep 40 Trimix; use Trimix with limitations:
Oxygen partial pressure (PO2) must not exceed 1.4 ATM.
The END / EAD for trimix must not exceed 30 metres / 100 feet.
If you are already registered go to RAID ONLINE STORE in your login to Sign up for a course now.
The above is subject to the RAID General Diving Standards and change without notice.